Though tech startup investment is in decline across Asia, a new data analysis from Tech in Asia should offer some hope for startups in Singapore looking for funding.
Tech firms have netted nearly $2.7B in the country’s 10 biggest funding deals of 2017 — the bulk going to Uber-rival Grab in the largest single financing deal in the history of Southeast Asia.
In general, transportation, internet infrastructure and fintech firms seem to be attracting the bulk of investments, according to the Tech in Asia Database.
1) Grab, $2B, Logistics/Transportation
2) AirTrunk, $307M, Internet Infrastructure
3) Hooq, $95M, Music and Entertainment
4) Trax, $83.5M, Recognition Tech/Software as a Service
5) TenX, $81M, Fintech
6) Singapore Life, $50M, Fintech
7) CXA, $25M Health/Professional Services
8) Astroscale, $24M, Clean Tech/Space
9) EndoMaster, $14.6M, Health
10) Instarem, $13M, Fintech